Wednesday, April 2, 2008

TCO

When I was in college, I led worship for a campus ministry called TCO (Tallahassee College Outreach). Looking back, those were some of the best times of my life. Sure, the temptations and struggles of college life were also there. But all in all, I realize that the Lord tethered me to His grace, walked me through some of the best and worst times of my life, and used this college ministry, TCO, to keep me pressing on in faith.

At the beginning of our weekly Sunday night meetings (before worship and a message), we would occasionally show "motivational" videos, usually promoting a retreat or group trip. The videos were homemade and, I might add, ridiculously funny. On the video banner to the right is one such video. It was created by my friend Brad Schmidt and features two of my other good friends, Ryan Todd and Dan Morris. If you know these guys, you'll find the video hilarious. If you don't know them... you'll more likely find it creepy...

Here are a couple others for your viewing pleasure, featuring such celebrities as Carter Brown, Rick Hunter, Brad Schmidt, Jeremy Schwab, Tony Cortiz, Ryan Todd, and of course, the one and only Scottish-accent-speaking Dan Morris. Enjoy.

Jesus Himself has told you to go on the fall beach trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMf9EOtqWZs

Cupid and Friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtcjZbmyvtw

Cupid and Friends, Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ859lrhTyc&feature=related

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that Carter's portrayal of Cupid is hilarious. I hope you plan on getting that in front of the congregation when he comes on as the youth leader.

Ryan B said...

Hahaha, yeah it might have already crossed my mind...

Anonymous said...

Dang... Dan Morris and Ryan Todd are not only hilarious, but also sexy biznitches in that Typhoon Lagoon video!

I must also point out that the stare-off between the Easter Bunny and Random College Chick is one of the most classic moments in underground cinema comedy history to date.

And yes Cupid Fan, that Carter Brown is quite a comedic stud as well.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Brad Schmidt is a comedic genius.

Unknown said...

found these